Main fields of research
Main fields of research :
Open economy macroeconomics
- Monetary and exchange rate policy
- Factors and costs of inflation in Russia
- General issues of growth, trade and economic development
- Analysis of the government budget and budget processes in Russia
- Public debt/asset management
- Pension and tax reforms in Russia
- Budget federalism and self management of municipalities
Financial system in Russia
- Efficiency analysis of the banking sector
- Analysis and monitoring of government regulation and supervision
- Financial markets and instruments
- Real economy sectors and markets with special attention to the basic sectors of the Russian economy: oil, gas, metal, telecom and energy production.
Applied decision-making theory
- Principles of portfolio and risk management
- Financial engineering
- Project valuation
- Auction theory with application to oil and gas deposits distribution
Credit-driven Asset Inflation and Intergenerational Wealth Transfers by G. Trofimov
"Credit-driven Asset Inflation and Intergenerational Wealth Transfers" article was published in Journal of Mac...
FINANCIAL MARKETS’ DIFFICULT PUZZLES
The article by G.Yu. Trofimov, IFI Chief Economist, Financial Markets’ Difficult Puzzles, devoted to the Noble Prize Win...
A. Vavilov became a member of the New Economic School Board of Directors.
In May 2013 Andrey Vavilov became a member of the New Economic School Board of Directors.
Europe-Asia Studies reviewed Andrey Vavilov's "The Russian Public Debt and Financial Meltdowns"
Europe-Asia Studies reviewed Andrey Vavilov's "The Russian Public Debt and Financial Meltdowns" in Vol. 65...
The Russian Public Debt and Financial Meltdowns
Journal of Economic Issues reviewed Andrey Vavilov's "The Russian Public Debt and Financial Meltdowns" in ...
SOLLERS and FIAT versus GAZ GROUP, DUCATO versus GAZEL
Industrial \ pdf, 284.23 Кб
AVTOVAZ stakes on LADA priora
Industrial \ pdf, 270.01 Кб
Russian arms exports taking a jump in 2009
Industrial \ pdf, 170.65 Кб